We use social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, to communicate with you.
Monitoring of accounts
Our social media accounts are monitored during office hours Monday to Friday.
Social media moderation
We welcome debate and opinion (even if they criticise us). However, we reserve the right to delete posts that feature any of the following:
- Offensive material such as swearing, sexism, racism or homophobia
- Posts that libel or defame someone
- Messages that name or identify specific employees
- Posts that contain incorrect information that could mislead others
- Posts containing personal information that it would be unwise to share in public
- Posts or comments which seek to publicise campaigns by individuals, groups or organisations
- Spam, advertising or phishing/scam messages
- Copyrighted material from other sites without permission
- Messages of a political nature
- Anything else we consider upsetting/misleading or sensitive
If someone repeatedly posts such material on any of our social media channels, we may block them from posting anything further to protect other users. We may also reserve the right to report those posting inappropriate material to the relevant authorities.
If you wish to complain about material on our social media feeds which features any of the above, please contact email@example.com.
Following and liking
We follow and like partners, cultural and artistic projects and other people and organisations we work with. This allows us to monitor important information that we may need to make you aware of. To enable us to do this we cannot follow or like a large number of other people as we would risk missing key messages. Therefore please don’t be offended if we don’t follow or like you back.
Please note: following or liking someone does not necessarily mean that we support or endorse them or their views.